Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"A Model Proposal" Response

When I first started the reading, I knew that it was going to be a satire. So when he first mentioned about how the people were poor and starving, I thought that seemed pretty normal. Then Swift went on about eating children to solve the problem. I am so glad I knew this was a satire or it would have been pretty scary reading this. I thought that if that ever got legalized, then everything would get extremly messed up. The whole idea of a family only keeping their kids alive to sell or eat later was kind of scary and funny....in a creepy, freaked-out way. The way he proposed it made it seem funny. He wrote making it all seem so serious, but I was thinking that, "Woah, you must be one-hundred percent crazy for thinking that

....and then my time ran out.
Work Cited

Swift, Jonathan. A Modest Proposal. 1729.

No comments:

Post a Comment